2019 Rising Star Scholarship Awards - Apply Now!
Two One Thousand Dollar ($1,000) scholarships will be awarded. One is designated for a female Delaware County high school senior entering college in fall 2019. The other is for a resident of Delaware County who is a current full or part-time undergraduate woman student of a two or four year college.
The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the recipients’ college or university accounts.
The application requires candidates to submit the following:
- Academic transcript
- Resume (to include work, community service and leadership experience)
- Letter of reference from a faculty member or employer
- Personal essay of 500 words or less.
- The topic of the essay is: The 19th Amendment granting women the right to work was ratified in 1920. As we approach the 100th anniversary, what is its effect on girls and women today?
Carol Dougherty, Awards Committee Chair c/o Law Offices, 8 W. Front Street, Media, PA 19063 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submission is June 15, 2019. Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship committee and awardees will be notified by July 15, 2019.
Established in 1990, Friends of the Delaware County Women’s Commission is a non-profit 501(c)(3), non-partisan, membership organization striving to:
- Empower women and girls to achieve their fullest potential by promoting their full participation in the economic, political, and social life of Delaware County, PA, and
- Promote timely issues of interest to women and girls in Delaware County, while furthering the work of the Delaware County Women’s Commission.